Looking for a job? Here are the latest opportunities in Thanet
To apply: Submit your application via https://www.careers-page.com/migrateful
You will need to attach your CV and a short video introducing yourself and why you would make a great Migrateful Class Facilitator.
Are you looking for a part-time role that makes a difference? Do you have cookery class experience and/or a passion for food and want to do something different? Support a great cause, meet amazing people and eat incredible food from around the world.
Migrateful is a social enterprise where asylum seekers, refugees and migrants struggling to access employment in the UK due to legal and linguistic barriers, teach their traditional cuisines to the public in cookery classes.
Migrateful's mission is to challenge negative perceptions of migration through contact theory. The facilitator plays a key role in supporting meaningful and positive exchange in our classes in order to achieve this objective.
The facilitator is the bridge between the class participants and the chef, but is also responsible for setting up the stations for the cookery classes and managing volunteers before, during and after the class has taken place. Most importantly, the role is about ensuring that the classes run smoothly and that participants, volunteers and chefs have fun and enjoy the experience!
We currently have regular facilitators running classes in Canterbury and Margate but are looking for two standby facilitators to cover holiday, sickness and absences.
You will receive full training in how to facilitate a Migrateful Cookery Class.
Classes take place in:
Canterbury on Wednesday evenings
Margate on Thursday evenings
Start date: Asap
Join our small friendly editorial team at shots.net
You’ll need an interest in creative advertising/arts/branding/short films and music videos.
Good grammar and syntax. Knowledge of CMS.
An artistic eye for creating eye-catching visual content.
Ability to prepare a daily newsletter.
The role is full-time (4 days a week possible), initially on a three-month rolling contract.
Competitive day rate depending on experience.
You would report to the (Margate-based) Features Editor.
This is hybrid working location, with an option to use Extreme Reach’s office in Holborn area
Contact Carol.firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Looping the Loop is seeking two artists or groups of artists to make live shows taking place in September 2021 in collaboration with communities living in Cliftonville West, Margate and Newington, Ramsgate.
Looping the Loop CIC was set up in 2013 with a mission to bring theatre and live performance to anyone in Thanet that wanted to engage. We believe in a playful world full of magic and wonder. We believe that play connects us to others and the world around us, adds joy to life, relieves stress and supercharges learning.
We believe in treating every member of our audience as a VIP regardless of race, gender, age, wealth or education.
Looping the Loop is a founding member of the Collaborative Touring Network (CTN) - a national network of producers, established in 2013 by Battersea Arts Centre in London, with a goal of bringing world-class entertainment and participation opportunities to communities living in areas of cultural deprivation.
In 2015 The Warwick Commission stated that the wealthiest, best educated, least ethnically diverse 8% of the population are the main producers and consumers of publicly subsidised theatre. We are interested in reaching the other 92%.
20 days @ £117 per day
Total fee: £2,340 (plus materials)
13 days @ £117 per day
Total fee: £1,521 (plus materials)
Position Advertised: Fri June 11th
Deadline for Applications: Fri 2nd July
Interviews: Weds 7th July
Start date: Mon 12th July
For full details on both commissions and how to apply visit http://www.loopingtheloopfestival.org.uk/on-your-doorstep-704369.html
Have you got a job to advertise?